TOWN OF ALMA BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 18, 2020
All Board Members present:
Meeting called to order by Chairman Smith at 7:25 PM following completion of Annual meeting.
Minutes from February 19, 2020 meeting were read into the record. Motion by Fick, second by Gearing to approve minutes as read. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s report: Current balance $190,900.49 less $91,200.00 reserved for cash on hand balance of 99,700.49. Motion by Gearing, second by Flick to approve report. Motion carried.
Motion by Flick, second by Gearing to authorize payments for the month. Motion carried.
Citizen comments: None.
- Motion by Gearing, second by Flick to convene a closed session under Wis. Stat. 19.85(1)(e) to deliberate and/or negotiate the Badger Mining Corporation proposal regarding the former Goose Landing sand transload facility, for competitive and bargaining reasons. Roll call-Gearing-yes, Flick-yes, Smith-yes. Motion carried.
Attorney reviewed proposal submitted. Motion by Gearing, second by Flick to return to open session. Roll call-Gearing-yes, Flick-yes, Smith-yes. Motion carried.
Motion by Gearing, second by Flick to authorize Mark Radcliffe to submit counter proposal back to Badger Mining based on closed session discussion.
- Motion by Gearing, second by Flick to adopt Ordinance 2020-20 providing for the attachment of a portion of property (Robert Beglinger) from the Village of Merrillan, Jackson County WI, to the Town of Alma, Jackson County WI and changing the zoning of the same parcel to “unzoned”. Motion carried.
- Motion by Gearing, second by Flick to approve the Merrillan Fire Depatment contract for 2020-2021 at $8596 per year. Motion carried.
- Annual road review date scheduled for March 27, 2020 starting at 7 AM to gather information for submission at Annual meeting.
- Coulee Frac Sand Annual report reviewed by the Board. Mining portion completed with 70,000 tons of stockpile to remove, plant removal and reclamation as the only steps remaining.
- Badger Mining Annual report- No mining activity expected in 2020.
- Discuss/act on Badger Mining Air monitoring variance-No action taken as it is part of Mining agreement that is being negotiated.
- Discuss plans for 2010 International insurance proceeds. Decision made to leave truck with the repairs that have already been made.
- Discuss/approve dates for Open Book and Board of Review-Board approved dates recommended by Bowmar Appraisal. Open Book-June 1, 2020 from 3-5 PM and Board of Review-June 8, 2020 from 4-6 PM.
Motion by Gearing second by Flick to adjourn. Adjourned at 8:45PM.
Don Forsting, Clerk
*Minutes are not official until approved at the next regular meeting.